Meet Tricia, Certified Holistic Health Coach, Certified Gluten Practitioner, Gluten Free Society Tier 1 and Tier 2 Certified, Certified Usui Reiki Master, Certified Crystal Healer, Advanced Crystal Practitioner, Ordained Spiritual and Healing Touch Minister
Welcome! Since you have landed on my web page, it is likely you are looking for sound and healthy solutions, whether that be for a gluten-related health concern or otherwise. Regardless of the reason, I am happy to meet you! After many years of eating poorly, I, myself was diagnosed with several auto-immune health concerns and food sensitivities. As you will read below, my journey back to health led me to intensively study nutrition, resulting in my certifications as a Certified Holistic Health Coach, CN® (private certification for holistic nutrition) and Certified Gluten Practitioner. I now use all of my experiences to help others make sense of their own health concerns so that they may become active promoters of their own well-being.
To learn more about me and what I do and to help you understand my work, perhaps I should first give you an explanation of how I got to where I am:
I started out on my health and wellness journey eating my fair share of pizza, ice cream, fast food; you name it and I ate it. And that worked for awhile… that is, until my body said otherwise. But even before then, I can remember always being interested in health and wellness, reading nutrition labels and cooking my own meals since I was 8 years old. I know, you’re saying, “8 years old?!” but it’s true; I’ve been cooking since I was a little tike. And, along the way, I learned from the Mediterranean wisdom of my Italian grandparents (especially my grandmother, “Flo Flo”). My grandmother had a no-nonsense way of thinking about food and diet and had a very strong idea as to what was good for you. I can still hear her voice, bellowing about everything from moderation to eating fresh foods to choosing water over sugar-y, syrup-y drinks.
So, about 30 years ago, when I was diagnosed with a smorgasbord of autoimmune diseases and food sensitivities, I re-connected to my original interest in health and remembered my Italian roots and all the platitudes my grandmother fed me… and thank goodness I did – at 28 years old, my blood tests showed results consistent with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE), or some kind of mixed connective tissue disease. I was also diagnosed with Hashimotos auto-immune thyroid disease with antibodies elevated well out of the “normal” range.
And, so, I found myself at a crossroads. Do I go the path of drugs to maintain my current lifestyle (poor eating habits included)? Or do I listen to my inner voice and choose to alter my eating and lifestyle habits to feel better on my own terms?
After much thought, I knew I needed to choose a more sustainable route, an approach that was holistic and nutritionally based as it felt “right” to me… but, that was easier said than done, living in the Italian pastry, pizza capital of the world that is New York. But, with a support network, a little bit of trial and error, some additional education (see below), and another 20+ years under my belt, I reversed what could have been a very scary situation, bringing much of my original health concerns into, or at least close to, the normal range. Of course, it helped that I was only 28 years old at the time and acted quickly to nip the situation in the bud. Having a 7 year old, 6 year old, and soon-to-be newborn at the time, I needed to do everything in my power to be well. Fast forward to 2022 and my “children” are in their late-twenties/mid thirties, and I’ve turned my life’s journey into a passion for working with others to promote healthy living… which is where you come in. If you want to join me on this journey, please feel free to check out my services and give me a call. I would be honored to walk with you on your path to healthy living. Here’s to new beginnings for vibrant health and wellness!
Credentials and Education:
In college, TRICIA CARDONE, CHHC, CGP, CCH, ACP studied biology, nursing and the nutritional sciences. Tricia has been an advocate for public health and nutrition for over 25 years. She attained her (private) holistic nutritional certification (CN™) through American Health Sciences University in Colorado. She has also studied in a number of programs on Clinical Hematology, Nutritional Biochemistry and Immunology. She has been working in the nutrition field since 1997. Tricia is also a graduate of the prestigious Institute for Integrative Nutrition® school, located in NYC, and is a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach. The Institute for Integrative Nutrition® is a holistic educational experience that draws from a wide variety of health and wellness philosophies and theories. This training has inspired her to pursue her passion of teaching clients about whole food nutrition, healthy cooking, and holistic approaches to healthy living. She strives to help clients create optimal balance in their life. Tricia is also a certified Usui Reiki Master and an Advanced Crystal Practitioner and she loves to incorporate these supportive modalities upon her client's request.
Tricia is an established natural foods cook/instructor. In the past, she specialized in cooking meals for those with a multitude of health problems, particularly those with chronic fatigue and allergies. At the present time, Tricia gives ongoing cooking classes for those with various health concerns by teaching them cooking alternatives with the omission of gluten, dairy, and refined sugars. Tricia works with each client as a health and wellness coach to help each individual move one step closer to vibrant health.
Tricia’s love and dedication to educating and helping people improve their health and quality of life arose from her own myriad of health problems and her quest to educate and heal herself. She has done extensive research in the health field and believes in continuing to study and learn in order to better help those in need. Tricia continuously attends health and wellness seminars on all types of alternative healing. Be sure to visit her blog often for the latest updates on healthy living.
Partial List of Education Credentials:
- Adelphi University
- American Health Science University
- Sanum Therapy Concepts and Applications
- Dr. Jeff Bland Nutritional Conferences (2002,2003,2005)
- Crayhon Research (Advanced Training in Clinical Nutrition 2004)
- Institute for Natural Resources (Immune Power/Fibromyalgia & Auto-Immune Diseases 2001)
- Dr. Shames ~ Thryoid Power Conference 2002
- Dr. Rakowski ~ Nutritional Approaches to Stress-Induced Disorders 2002
- JJ Virgin ~ Weight Loss Resistance Conference
- 2007 Dave Buck ~ Coachville ~ Coach Two Win Conference 2007
- Dr. Tom O’bryan ~ Unlocking the Secrets of Gluten Sensitivity 2008
- Dr. Rakowski ~ Reviving Emotional & Cognitive Health 2009
- 2010 (CGP) Certified Gluten Practitioner (through Dr. Thomas O'Bryan)
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition® ~ Health Coaching Program Completed 2011
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition® ~ Immersion Program Completed 2012
- Gluten Free Society Certified Practitioner (Tier 1 Certified) 2012
- Gluten Free Society Certified Practitioner (Tier 2 Certified) 2013
- Ordained Spiritual and Healing Touch Minister 2019
- Intuitive Healing with Sherri Divband 2021
- Level 1 Usui Reiki Certification and Intuitive Healing - 2021
- Level 2 Usui Reiki Certification & Intuitive Healing 2021
- Usui Reiki Master Certification - 2022
- Certified Crystal Healer - 2022
- Advanced Crystal Practitioner - 2022
- Usui Holy Fire®III Reiki Ryoho 1st & 2nd Degree Certification - 2022
- Usui Holy Fire®III Reiki Ryoho Reiki Master - January 2023
- Foundations of Medical Intuition with Tina M. Zion 2023
- Advancing as a Medical Intuitive & Healer for Others with Tina M. Zion 2023
- Pendulum Dowsing Master Class (with The Shaman Soulution) 2023
- Metaphysical Dowsing for the Intuitive Professional (with The Shaman Soulution) 2023